Monday, January 9, 2012

I like my whole HOUSE!


My family and I sort of have this running joke regarding this video. Well, it isn't so much a running joke as much as it is a reference to this optimistic little girl every time we happen to mention something that we like. Not only is this a verbal reference, but it also includes the physical choreography of the arm thrusting motion that Jessica exerts.

I thought that since I reference Jessica so much, I should make my own daily affirmation. Optimism is a great policy for the new year, and I have a theory that if I start my days with this much enthusiasm and confidence, the margin for discouragement and failure is significantly less looming.

I like my school!
I like my major!
I like my room!
I like my roommate!
I like my hair! (which is somewhat blonder now that I have finally submitted to my mom's plea for highlights)
I like my book!
I like my blog!
I like my Gossip Girl!
I like my moms!
I like my dads!
I like my Darbys! (my sister)
I like my Connors! (my brother)
I like my schedule!
I like my coffee!
I like my knitting!
I like my exercise!
I like my sorority!
I like my friends!
I like my music!
I like my auditions!
I like my Jesus!

I like my whole LIFE! My whole life is great, I can do anything good, better than anyone. Better than anyone. Yeah, yeah, yeah.

Try that in the mirror every morning. And then try telling me you're not excited about your day.

What do you like? What are you excited about? It's a New Year, the perfect time to get excited about your life!


Alright, I know that statement was somewhat Joel Osteen-esque, but you catch my drift.

Happy second semester, friends!

"One of the things I learned the hard way was that it doesn' t pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself." Lucille Ball

"Optimist: day-dreamer more elegantly spelled." Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment