Thursday, July 7, 2011

Day 1: Book 1.

Alright, so a few alterations need to be made to yesterday's post. Instead of just picking five moments from all of the books, I've decided to pick one moment from each book, so seven moments. One for every day until the premier of Deathly Hallows part II!!

So, Sorcerer's Stone.

I already told you my first encounter with this film: Chelsea McClellan's house, sleepless nights, addictive reading, yadda yadda yadda. But my favorite part...


"'It shows us nothing more or less than the deepest, most desperate desire of our hearts. You, who have never known your family, see them standing around you. Ronald Weasley, who has always been overshadowed by his brothers, sees himself standing alone, the best of all of them. However, this mirror will give us neither knowledge or truth. Men have wasted away before it, entranced by what they have seen, or been driven mad, not knowing if what it shows is real or even possible...
After all, it does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live." Chapter 12
Ooh... chills. It kills me how applicable quotes can be to my life. Seriously, how many of us get so caught up in what we wish to be and forget who we actually are? I know I do. I spend so much of my life daydreaming, and then I get frustrated with myself for not actually putting my dreams into action.

I could've used an Albus Dumbledore as my headmaster in high school. Coach Yancey just didn't cut it for me.


Joyful Harry.


RIP Hedwig.


Hermione Granger: To know her is to love her.


The thriving three themselves.

Stick around for Chamber O' Secrets!

Clumsy Kim.

No comments:

Post a Comment