Thursday, September 1, 2011

Free lunch?

Yes, Coach Brown. There is such a thing. Those of you that took economics senior year at Briarwood will understand that allusion, and those of you that didn't... well, those of you that didn't are lucky, lucky blog readers.

But, basically, the subject of this post is free stuff. Cause, c'mon, who doesn't love to receive a "free lunch" every now and then? Even if it's just a number one from Chic-Fil-A that the cashier graciously gives to you because you forgot your wallet and you don't realize this until after you've already ordered. Thanks, Truett Cathy, for hiring such quality employees. Seriously.

But, as great as free Chic-Fil-A is, you know what's even better?

Free music.

Yes, there is such a thing.
No, you don't have to steal it.

Just ask one of my personal favorite artists of all time, Josh Woodward.



Josh (yeah, first name basis) puts all of his music on the web for free. I don't really know why this is, but for some reason, he really loves the fact that people don't have to pay for his music. I'm convinced that he has some amazing job (dentist is my guess... I get a dentist-y vibe from him for some reason) that allows him to do what he really loves: write and produce music. He does allow people to buy his music, but that's at a name-your-own-price policy, and he prefers that you just get it for free. He just loves his music, and I truly think that he just wants others to love it too. Money's not an object. And that, my friends, is a beautiful thing.

Click here to download all of his songs for free. He even makes it easy for you to navigate the system by categorizing his music: light acoustic? light rock? dark acoustic? dark rock? He's got everything. About 5000 songs worth of everything .

A few of my favorite JW songs:

1. Darien Gap


"I wonder if you're still marooned with a glow, waiting for someone to pave you a road to your dreams."
This song haunts me. As does the one below.

2. She Dreams In Blue


3. Gallows Hill


This one is darkly funny. Completely different side of Josh, but still one you've gotta love.

Another quickie on free music...

Ten Out of Tenn, anyone?



Ten Out of Tenn is a group of ten artists from Nashville, TN, that band together every year to put together a fantastic singer-songwriter album and go on an even more fantastic tour. I've never had the opportunity to see the entire group on tour, but I have seen some of the artists individually, and they are all awesome. It's obvious to the observers that they are all passionate about what they do, and that they, like Josh Woodward, do it not for the money, but for the pure love of music. Which, again, is beautiful.

But, anyway, the new TOT album came out this week, and guess what? It's free. That's right, free.


Click here for the link to download it.

There aren't any youtube videos for these songs yet, or else I would post them, and I know you would LOVE to listen to them, but I'll leave you with a list of my favorites from the album. Did I mention it's free?
                            
1. The Bed You Made - Jeremy Lister
2. Not Foolin' Around Tonight - Butterfly Boucher
3. Just You - Amy Stroup
4. Leave To See - Trent Dabbs
5. Free My Mind - Katie Herzig

You don't have to thank me. But, if you feel the need to present to me a token of your gratitude, checks can be made payable to Clumsy Kim. I also love gift cards.

Guys, don't steal music. It's not cool. Why steal when there's so much free stuff to be had?

Clumsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment