Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Love me indie, love me sweet.

We've all been there... we've all seen that couple roaming downtown, holding hands, wearing fedoras and Mary Jane's and Converse. The effortless beauty and simplicity of an indie couple. And we've all felt envious of that sort of love, raw and artistic. 



Or maybe that's just me and my wannabe indie friends.


This weekend I bought the Weepies cd Say I Am You. I know, it's been out there in the musical ether for a while. It was only a matter of time before I bought a full album by them. I've always thought that Deb had a cute and catchy voice, but I didn't really fall in love with her before I found out who she was in love with... her band mate! Who is the same person as her husband!


Guys. That is presh.


As put by vibetothis.com...
Love & Music - truly two beautiful things -- no???  There seems to be an appreciable fusion of these two going on in the scene today -- that remarkable event where two banjo-loving heterosexual hipsters hit it off in just the right way and start creating something nice.  


I seriously considered just copying and pasting that into this post and taking complete credit for this witty statement, but my conscience proved otherwise. It just hits the nail on the head.


So why not pay tribute to these indie couples? Let's give a round of applause to theses unsung heroes, not only of indie music, but of indie romances.


1. The Weepies: Like I said, they're adorable. Click here to go to their website and then click about to see their one-of-a-kind indie love story and then tell me that you're not jealous. See? You are. Jealousy.




And a song...




2. Zooey Deschanel and Ben Gibbard: Alright, so I didn't exactly know that these two were married til the other day. I was under the common misconception that she is married to her bandmate, M. Ward. False. But the truth is even better. She's married to Ben Gibbard. As in, Death Cab for Cutie Ben Gibbard. As in, one of the best songwriters of our time.







3. Marcus Mumford and Carey Mulligan: The only reason I found out about this couple is because I googled if Marcus Mumford was single. No lie. I have the biggest crush on him ever. But, you know, if I were to give him up to one woman, it would be Carey (or Laura Marling, his ex). You know her, you love her. That's a match made in heaven if I ever saw one. 




And this song... I hope that my hipster hubbie will one day sing it for me. 




Those are the ones that stick out in my mind. Any other hipster lovers that are blog-worthy?


Clumzzzzz.

No comments:

Post a Comment