Thursday, November 24, 2011

No season can contain it.

Thanksgiving. I have this theory that all of the holidays can be represented by one of each of the seven deadly sins, thanksgiving especially. But at least it's my favorite deadly sin, gluttony. And by the way that I have spent my thanksgiving break, this holiday can also be portrayed by deadly sin number four, sloth. Literally, I have done nothing this week besides knit, read, and watch Christmas movies. And today is no exception; I'm just going to add about ten pounds of food into the gluttonous mix.

This break has been an incredible breath of fresh air. After the single most difficult week in my academic career thus far, (seven papers, three tests, two powerpoints, and a partridge in a pear tree). I skipped my last class on Friday and sped on home to be reunited with my family and friends, for whom I am so thankful. I went to my high school's quarter-final football game and cheered them onto victory, just as enthusiastic about their win as I was a year ago. From that point on, my week has been filled with reunions, laughter, crafts, movies, and family.

I am thankful. I am thankful that my transition to college has been less than traumatic, that Christmas break is fast approaching, that I have made new friends, that I have kept old friends. One is silver, and the other is gold.

And I'm thankful for this new store that I've recently uncovered, Ruche. You might have seen my entry from a few days ago with their winter lookbook. My dream has never been to be a housewife, but this gorgeous home decor is causing me to have second thoughts.


And of course, I am thankful for Sara Bareilles's new Christmas song, Love Is Christmas. While it's a December tune, it sings of gratefulness and beauty and all of the lovely things one expects from Sara. Love is not a toy, and no paper can conceal it.





Goodnight, friends. I'm so thankful for you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment