Monday, January 17, 2011

Awesome: inspiring or displaying awe; excellent or outstanding

Just a few things that I have realized are awesome this weekend:

1. DNOW- Y'all, this event seriously is awesome. It's put on by my church every year, and I have been blessed enough to be able to attend for the past 6. This year was bittersweet, with it being my final year to go as a student, but hopefully I'll be able to go back in the future as a leader. I learned a lot this weekend, but the most important thing I learned was that God's will is connected to His word. I often ask God for things without meeting Him halfway. In order to have our questions answered, we have to do our part in getting to know God. This means spending time in his word and committing ourselves to a relationship with him. The only way that God's will is ever going to become clear to us is if we learn how to hear his voice, which we can only do by listening to his words. 

2. My friends- Phil 1:3
"I thank my God upon every remembrance of you." This one sums it up.

3. The Pretty Little Liars soundtrack- if you like chill, singer/songwriter-type stuff, check this out. Even if you don't watch the show (Which you should... I'll build it up all day, but haterz always gon' hate) you should give it a listen. The official official soundtrack doesn't come out til February, but I'm prettyyyy sure there's a way to listen to it online.

4. The OC- watch it.

5. Joseph and Albert- These guys are just awesome and this is their shoutout. 

And an MLK-inspired day in honor of the holiday:

Clumsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment