Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Jump on in; the water's fine!

This video was sufficient advice for my first week of college.

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/high-school-musical-4/1085201/

Well, it wasn't entirely all-encompassing, but it was satisfactory for my first week.

It's been rough. Rush was overwhelming, to say the least. As was bid day. (I pledged Chi O... Hootie hoo! Yay for baby owls.) And so was my first day of classes. Let me tell you something: college professors are scary. And classes of 200 people? They're terrifying.

I know those words of wisdom aren't quite as deep as those of the great Troy Bolton, but that's just how I feel. I am a tiny fish swimming in a humungous pond.

A wise man once told me (aka, my dad), not to sit by the water (aka college) and think about what it would feel like to jump in. His advice to me was to dive into the water headfirst, not just tip-toe in. Cause unless I took that initial leap of faith, I would end up poolside all four years, knowing me.


All 640 something girls rushing to the sorority houses.


Sisters!


My precious owl pal.

My mother herself. She's awesome and she is the birthday girl.

I can tell that I'm going to like college. I just haven't quite converted that statement into the present tense. 

No comments:

Post a Comment