Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Sapster 2000

Alright guys. T-minus 6 days. And when countdowns begin, so do sappy playlists (Remember graduation?). Get ready to be depressed. End of the summer songs are my specialty.

P.S. I used up most of my super sappy end of everything songs at for my one-million-song-long playlist for graduation, so this one will be significantly shorter.

1. Age Six Racer (So Long, Sweet Summer)
Dashboard Confessionals

Super duper emo video, but what can you do? Gotta love my alternative side.

2. Fireflies
Ron Pope

I love Ron Pope. I brought him to Briarwood after hearing "A Drop in the Ocean" at camp, and anyone that claim that he/she introduced him to the private school system is lying. I try my hardest not to be a music snob, but sometimes I just can't help myself.

This song is just straight-up depressing, and the video just makes it worse. It's an average video, cheesed up to the max. And the fact that the guy is wearing capris... I don't know, cropped pants for men just don't really do it for me. But to each his own.

3. End of the Summer
Dar Williams


Whoa. I'm not going to lie to you, I just heard this song for the first time while I was making this playlist. How have I gone so long with never hearing this? I love me some 90's folk. This is beautiful. "The summer ends, and we wonder where we are//and there you go, my friends, with your boxes in your car."

4. This Time of Year
Better Than Ezra


5. Leaves That Are Green
Simon and Garfunkel


6. Summer Nights
GREASE

What can I say? I love musicals.

7. Summer Skin
Death Cab For Cutie

Again, depressing. But who doesn't love death cab? Summer love found and lost. So touching, right?

That's all for now, folks. But don't touch that dial; I promise I'll be happy soon enough!











Clumz.

No comments:

Post a Comment