Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Sweet Discovery.

Let me tell you a little something about sadness:

It's overrated.

I'm over it. Being sad, being "in mourning" because my friends are gone... it's done. I'm through. It's only been two days and I miss them already, but I am convinced that college is only going to bring us closer.

I mean, look how adorable we are? How could we possible grow apart?


The Suite Life of Clumsy Kim.


4 hours and way too many swipes on the credit card later...


One short day in the emerald city.

Yeah. These relationships are built to last.

On a completely different note...

It's high time for me to get back to really blogging about what I love: music. I take great pride in the music that I listen to; whether it be top 20 on itunes or the discreet melodies that I discover on Jango. (yes, I said Jango and not Pandora. Why? Because Jango is better, that's why. You don't need to know why.)

I thought that I'd share a few songs that I'm loving these days. These songs are in no particular order, and they have no particular theme. (The wallowing-in-self-pity genre has been put to rest... for now.)

1. Long Time Traveller - The Wailin' Jennys
I have a thing for celtic/bluegrassy female voices, especially when they're singing together in perfect harmony. Similar artists: Alison Krauss, Nickel Creek (ahhhh Nickel Creek. Love them. LOVE them.) This song is so spiritual and gorgeous. To whom it may concern: I would like this song played, if not sang, and my funeral.



2. One Voice -  The Wailin Jennys
Ditto.



3. The Nicest Thing - Kate Nash
We all know and love the lovely Kate Nash. She's one of those artists that can sing about nothing at all and still sound cute doing it. Mouthwash, anyone? This one, actually has a little bit of substance to it, however depressing that substance may be. Similar artists: Lilly Allen, The Ting Tings, Laura Marling


4. Skyscraper - Demi Lovato
You can't deny it; this girl can sing, and she can sing with passion. I'm not going to lie, I feel a little awkward watching this music video because I feel like I'm reading a video version of her diary. It's that personal. Team Demi. Similar artists: Selena Gomez, Miley Cyrus (yes, I realize the difference between the description of this song and the aforementioned ones. But if she can sing, she can sing.)




5. Cold Front - Amie Miriello
I love this song, and I love my awesome friends that introduced me to it. I'm calling it; this one'll be featured on Pretty Little Liars before long. It was written for Aria and Ezra. Similar artists: Alanis Morisette, Joni Mitchell



6. All The Way To New York City - Rosie Thomas
This song is just so ideal and sweet. I would love to live this life. Similar artists: Schuyler Fisk, Patty Griffin



This post is long/random/filled with pictures and songs, but I hope you enjoyed it. Just a little snapshot of the chaos that is going on in my mind as I get ready to leave for college TOMORROW! Which reminds me, I should be packing. Ugh. The bane of my existence.

Clumsy Kim.

No comments:

Post a Comment