Tuesday, April 12, 2011

It's been too long...

It's always been too long, hasn't it? As pointed out by one of my friends who just loves to "keep me accountable on" (aka annoy me about) my blog, I promised in my last post that I was here to stay, which I have not kept true to in the past week. So, sorry about that, Albert.

A few things that I'm lovin:
1. Jayme Dee- I've always been a fan of this youtube phenomenon, introduced to me by the great Lucy Hughes, but in the past couple days I've listened to her covers so much that her name automatically comes up in my youtube search bar.
One of my favorites...

2. College- What??? I know, I never thought I'd see the day, either. While I still don't want to leave high school, I'm not dreading college anymore. And guys, when I say dreading, I mean dreading. Like, I didn't want to go; thoughts of running away were running through my head frequently. So I think this is a pretty good thing.
3. Sleep- Yes, I am looking forward to college more now, one thing that I am still dreading is the lack of sleep that I  know I'm going to experience starting in August. After getting a taste of the college sleep schedule this weekend, I'm going to start getting extra hours of sleep in now. Hopefully they'll roll over to the fall. Probably not.
4. The Script- My friend burned me their most recent cd a couple months ago, but since then it's just sat in my cd player in the volv. I randomly pulled it back out again this weekend and I've been lovinggg it. It's not really my kind of music, but it's just so catchy!
5. Sarasarasarasarasarasarasarasara BAREILLES- I get to see her in ten days. NBD. Third time's the charm.

Looking at this list makes me realize how much I have to look forward to, but for some reason I still want to stop the clock. But I can't, and that scares me. I completely understand the overdone simile about life being like a roller coaster now that my senior year is rapidly coming to a close. There's no way to stop it, so I might as well throw my hands in the air and ride it out. But, holy cow, is that hard to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment